I definitely felt Baby Porkchop move last night. I was with my friends Amy and Brett and at the end of the movie, my belly just started going crazy. I've thought a few times that I felt him when laying down, but this time I was positive it was him moving around in there. It felt so crazy and made me happy to know he's moving around in there.
Although last night was a fun experience, today my center of gravity decided to give up on me. As I was walking out to the car tonight, I slipped and fell. I landed one knee on the cement and the other in the mud. My hands luckily caught my fall, but my tummy still hit the cement with a little thud. I, of course cried because it's scary as shit to know there's a baby in your stomach and that falling could hurt him. But I know that everything is okay. Just the fact that I fell so easily was really scary. I'm glad Kai was outside to help me up and calm me down. He always has a way of making me feel better when I do silly, clumsy things. :o)
This last week Kai and I also began talking more about names. We looked up some of the ones we had come up with a few months ago and numbered them with the top four we both liked. Of course, the two of us only agreed on two of them (typical!). At this point we're keeping our ears and eyes open for names that we like. It's down to a couple right now, but we're going to keep it to ourselves. Don't want to make the mistake of telling people our names and having them try to change our minds or steal them. Hey, it happens!!
Keeping the name a surprise is so fun! We did that and Mckenzie was going to bs Ashton Mckenzie. We couldn't agree on the first name so we each put our names in a hat and Ashton was drawn, and I got to pick the middle name and decided to keep my first pick Mckenzie for her middle name. However, once she was born Jeremy said we could name her Mckenzie!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to announce her name and we would have got crap for changing her name at the last minute!
Feeling those first movements is one of the best firsts of motherhood...how exciting! We didn't name either of the boys until after they were born. We had the list narrowed down and waited to see them until we decided which name fit best. In both cases they ended up with different names than we had been expecting. They even had "baby boy Tucholsky" on their hospital braclets. I like that they played a role in picking their own name.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you!! I have already forgotten what it is like to feel the baby. I hope things keep going well for you!
ReplyDelete