Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The attack of MORE bugs (and rodents)

I know I write about bugs a lot, but they seriously will be the death of me. While reading my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book today, I read a little blurb about mosquitoes. Why in the hell did I not read this BEFORE vacationing in Hawaii?? It pretty much said that pregnant women are more prone to getting mosquito bites than those that are not pregnant. Why?! Seriously, why?!?! I would have loaded up on OFF! had I known I needed extra protection! Grrr.....

Not only have I had run-in's with mosquitoes, I had a run-in with a freakin' cockroach today (puke in my mouth a little). Let me tell you, if you have not seen these things before, the first time you do, you will be disgusted. Not only do they look gross, they make this horrible clicking sound. I, luckily, shut this cockroach into the drawer and I'm pretty sure I smashed it *crossing fingers*. I will not be opening that drawer in the next two days...haha.

Another little rodent I had a run-in with was a mouse. Now don't ask me why, but mice don't bother me half as much as cockroaches do. I was sitting in the living room the other night, enjoying me some Chelsea Lately (Porkchop will NOT be allowed to watch Chelsea Lately if she's still around when he's old enough to know what they're talking about - she's a crazy cougar!). Anyway, while watching Chelsea, I see something scurry across the floor out-of-the-corner of my eye. I think, "It's just a brown gecko", because let me tell you, those things are prevalent in and out of all the homes in Hawaii. So a couple minutes go by and I see this brown thing scurry out again and this time, it's not a gecko, it's a mouse. I start giggling because he's actually really freakin' cute, but I know his time will sadly come. Today Kai smeared the mouse traps with peanut butter and I hope that in the middle of the night that I don't hear a loud SNAP, but I have a feeling that's exactly what's going to happen. Poor, poor mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment